You will experience the spirit of ancient Silk Road, visit the holy places and enjoy Uzbek hospitality. The tour program includes – Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva which are famous for its Islamic and holy Sufi sites.
Cities: Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva
Duration 9 days/8 nights
Day 1: Arrive Tashkent Arrive in Tashkent. You will be met by our driver and transferred to the hotel. Check in to the hotel at noon. Later proceed for Sightseeing tour in Tashkent, visit Old City part of Tashkent with Khast – Imom Complex, where You will see Barakhan madrasah, the mausoleum of Abubakr Kaffal Shosh (the saint who lived in the 10th century and who converted the population of Tashkent into Islam), the Museum of Koran where the original VII century osman Qoran written on a deer skin is preserved. Also visit mausoleum of Sheikh Zainiddin bobo. Continue to Zangi ata complex, pilgrimage place for Tashkent and Tashkent region citizens. Also during the day visit Chor – Su bazaar, one of the main bazaars of Tashkent and modern sights of Tashkent such as Independence Square, Amir Temur Square, Applied arts museum. Overnight in the hotel.
Extras to do in Tashkent:
- Shopping tours to Supermarkets and Oloy market
- Uzbek handicrafts Center in Abul Qasim madrasah
- Subway of Tashkent
Day 2: Tashkent – Urgench-Khiva Early morning transfer to the airport, flight to Urgench at 07:00, (1 hour 20 minutes). Arrive Urgench and transfer to Khiva (30 km). Proceed for a guided sightseeing of Khiva. You will spend a day in UNESCO World Heritage site – Ichan -Qala fortress. In Ichan – Qala fortress visit Kunya – Ark, Sayeed Alauddin mausoleum, medrasah Arab – Mukhamadkhan, mosque Oq -Masjid, madrasah Hodjamberdi – biya, madrasah of Shirgazikhan, Abdullakhan, Juma mosque, madrasah Allakulikhan, Toshkhovli palace, Pakhlavan Makhmud mausoleum (a poet and a wrestler, his poetry is full of sufi philosophy), minaret Islom – khodja. Overnight in the hotel.
Extras to do in Khiva
- Folk and dance show of Khoresm musicians
- Darboz (show of Rope walkers) in Muhammad Rahimkhan madarsa
- Visit of Ancient Fortress of Ayazkala and Topraqkala (80 km one way)
- Climbing Islam Khodja minaret
- Master class from a puppet master of Khiva
- Private trip to Sultan Uvais bobo complex (100 km)
Day 3: Khiva – Bukhara (500 km, 9 hrs) In the morning depart Khiva and drive to Bukhara. The Great Silk Road routed through Bukhara and Khiva once ran through the Kyzylkum Desert, as the present road* does nowadays. En-route stop to enjoy views of Amudarya and the desert. Arrive holy Bukhara, the land of 7000 piirs (teachers), late in the afternoon. Check in to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
*-some parts of the road are presently being renovated.
Extras to do in Bukhara:
- Borzi Kord Taqi-Telpakfurushon, daily except Tuesday, men’s bathhouse.
- Hammom Kunjak – The women’s bathhouse near Kalon Minaret.
- Folklore and Fashion Show – Nadir Divan Begi Medrasa (included)
- Museum house of Fayzulla Khodjaev
Day 4: Bukhara. After breakfast pilgrimage to 7 Sufi scholars burial places, all of them are located in outskirts of Bukhara. Visit the tomb of Abduholiq Gijduvaniy (1103 -1179) located in the town of Gidzduvan 40 km from Bukhara. Continue to the tomb of the fourth apprentice of Abduholiq Gijduvaniy Hodja Muhammad Orif Ar Revgariy known as hazrat Hodja Orif Mohitobon (died in 1259). This holy site is located in the district of Shofirkon 50-60 kilometers from the centre of Bukhara. Continue to the burial site of Hodja Mahmud Anjir Fagnaviy (died in 1286). Continue to the mausoleum of Hodja Ali Rometaniy located in Rometan district. He was the apprentice of Hodja Mahmud Anjir Fagnaviy (died in 1310 in some sources in 1321). Next is burial place of Hodja Mukhammad Boboyi Samosiy (1259 – 1354), an apprentice of Hodja Ali Rometaniy. Continue to the tomb of Hazreti Said Mir Kulol (1287 – 1370) Return to Bukhara. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 5: Bukhara. Today visit the last 7th place, the holiest ensemble of Bukhara, the burial place of Hazreti Bahovuddin Naqshband – the founder of Naqshbandiya Order, located in the village of Qasri Orifon 7 kilometers from Bukhara. Continue to Chor – Bakr necropolis, a complex located 6 kilometres away from Bukhara city in Sumiton village. In the afternoon the sightseeing of Bukhara: Lyabi Hauz Complex, Kalon Mosque and Poi Kalon Minaret, Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan Medrese, Arc fortress, Samani dynasty mausoleum. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 6: Bukhara – Khartang – Samarkand (290 km). This morning after breakfast transfer to Samarkand. En route visit the memorial complex of Abu Abdulloh Muklhammad Ibn Ibrohim Ibn al Mugiyra Ibn Bardazbeh al Juafiy Al-Bukhari. Continue to holy place which is a few kilometers from this complex, the burial place of Hazret Makhdumi A’zam Dahbediy (1461 – 1542), a Sufi philosopher, a descendent of Hazret Ali. Arrive Samarkand and check in to the hotel. Free time, Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Samarkand. Breakfast in the hotel. Sightseeing tour in Samarkand: Complex Khoja Akhror Vali, Khoja al Mansoor al Matrudi, Bibi Hanum mosque, Shahi Zinda Necropolis, where you can visit the tomb of Qusam ibn Abbas, continue to hodja Hizr mosque. In the afternoon visit the magnificent Registan Square (XV – XVII cc), the noblest square in Central Asia, Observatory of Ulughbek, and Samarkand local bazaar. End the sightseeing tour with a visit to Gur Emir mausoleum, the graveyard of Tamerlane and Timurids. Overnight at the hotel.
Extras to do in Samarkand:
- Sound and Light Show in Registan square at night after 2100.
- Folk Show in Sherdor madrasa
- Silk carpet factory
Day 8: Samarkand – Tashkent, (300 km, 2 hours 30 minutes) Free day in Samarkand, enjoy site of Samarkand on your own, car with a driver at your disposal. Transfer to train station at 16:15, fast-speed train Afrosiyob departs at 17:00. Arrive Tashkent at 19:30, transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 9: Transfer to the airport. End of the tour.
|City||Accommodation OPTION 1 Comfort||Number of nights|
|Tashkent||Tashkent Palace, Park Turon, Markaziy||2|
|Samarkand||Grand Samarkand, Asia Samarkand, Malika Prime, Samarkand Plaza||3|
|Bukhara||Zargaron Plaza, Asia, Devon-Begi, Omar Khayam||3|
|Khiva||Asia Khiva, Malika Kheyvak, Shakherizada||1|
|City||Accommodation, OPTION 2 Economy||Number of nights|
|Tashkent||Rovshan, Grand Raddus||2|
|Samarkand||Malika Classic, Sherdor, CaravanSerail, Kamilla||3|
|Bukhara||Minzifa, K.Komil, Amelia, Amulet, Sasha&Son||3|
|Khiva||Orient Star, Malika Khiva, Sobir-Arkanchi||1|
|Number of persons traveling||Option 1, COMFORT price per person, US$||Option 2,ECONOMY price per person, US$|
|Half board supplement||175.00||175.00|
|Full board supplement||340.00||340.00|
- 1. All transfers: 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-6 pax by van type car; 8+1 to 12+1 by 20 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 45 seat coach;
- 2. Accommodation based on double room sharing, breakfasts included;
- 3. Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- 4. Entrance tickets to the sights, museums, mausoleums;
- 5. Airplane tickets for domestic flight Urgench-Tashkent;
- 6. Train ticket Samarkand- Tashkent, economy class;
- 7. Visa support for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- 8. Starting 8 persons English speaking tour escort from Advantour;
- 9. Starting 10 persons +1 person travels free of charge
- 1. Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- 2. Full board (lunches and dinners);
- 3. Charges in hotels for additional services;
- 4. Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- 5. Personal insurance.